Want your business to thrive in a Redcar & Cleveland town centre?
A NEW £2 million scheme has been launched by Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council to breathe life into town centres.
The High Street Support Scheme will provide grant funding for existing businesses and support new businesses to set up in our town centres and create jobs.
Town centre businesses in Redcar, Eston, Loftus, Guisborough and Saltburn can lodge an expression of interest for funding, which they are expected to match, for improvement works including:
- shop frontage works such as replacement windows or signage
- fittings for existing businesses such as service counters and waiting areas etc
- improve security with alarms, CCTV or shutters etc
- enhance to upper floors on our high streets to bring them back into business use
- provide financial support for new businesses to bring vacant units back into use.
The scheme allows businesses to apply for funding for these improvements on a 50/50 match funding basis up to a maximum grant of £2500.
Three quotes are required for any improvement work needed at the grant application stage.
Businesses interested in lodging an expression of interest should call Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council's Economic Growth Service on 01642 444494 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.